Anti-Semitism Today – The New Normal
Experiences, Information, Reasoning
Many young people have only come across the term anti-Semitism in connection with Nazism.
Yet anti-Semitic foe images can be found in almost all areas of our society today – some are quite obvious, others well concealed. Anti-Semitic stereotypes and remarks occur with increasing frequency in the classroom.
This seminar examines the many faces of anti-Semitism and incorporates the experiences pupils have made with it. Employing various methods, the origins and different forms and functions of anti-Semitism today will be analyzed and the ways of reacting to it discussed.
- 10.00 am Welcome and introduction to the content of the seminar
- 11.00 am Historical introduction: Statue theater on the theme of "Christian anti-Judaism"
- 12.00 pm Tour of the Jewish Museum Berlin on the historical roots of anti-Semitism
- 1.30 pm lunch
- 2.30 pm Discussion about the tour
- 3.00 pm A change of perspective: Exercise (with film) based on a current case in Berlin
- 4.30 pm Feedback
- 5.00 pm Close
Jewish Museum Berlin
9th grade upwards
Type of school
Number of participants
Max. of 15 participants
7 hours (including break)
70 euros (including admission)
In German only
Tel.: +49 (0)30 259 93 437